Social media

Twitter

We have four Twitter accounts altogether: @yorknouse, @nousemuse, @nouselive and @nousesport. These accounts are normally the responsibility of the Social Media Director.

IFTT are used to tweet automatically onto these accounts. Things have gotten a bit mangled by them in the past so we need to investigate revoking the old services and setting them up again.

Flickr

Our account is at flickr.com/yorknouse

It used to be a premium account.

As of October 2013 (not long after we stopped paying…), it has been marked as “restricted” by Flickr, so it’s hard to see anything without logging in. Despite our attempts to go through and correctly tag any pictures of streakers at football matches, it remains restricted, and they won’t tell us which of the thousands of pictures there is a problem with.

Photos are often uploaded here and kept private to easily be transferred between people without being seen by outsiders.

Instagram

There are two Instagram accounts: yorknouse and nousefashion. The main account is currently underused. We used to be able to run Instagram feeds on pages but this feature has recently broken.

Facebook

There are Facebook pages used for several things. These are handled by the Social Media Director, and access is granted to the Facebook Business Manager by them. They also use IFTTT to post automatically to these accounts.

Each of the paper sections maintains a section Facebook Group for their writers. There are also often groups for events the occur throughout the year, which the Tech team are often useful in.