Annual events

In hopefully chronological order (Guideline dates really need adding).

This page attempts to straddle the line between providing information you can figure out for yourself, and not providing enough information. In reading it, it becomes clear that lots of our website and things are horrible messes of bad code, and WordPress is not especially helpful – sorry about that.

These instructions describe how to keep thing ticking over in a sort of homoeostasis, but we hope you’ll want to change things to make them actually better.

JCRC Elections

Not very exciting, but one of the first things in every academic year. There will be some coverage of each college’s hustings and elections results, normally across two articles (one for hustings and one for results).

YUSU Elections

These happen every February.

College Varsity

Previously, a one-day White Rose Varsity event took place against Hull University. Now, in its place, there is a College Varsity played against Durham. This is useful rehearsal for the Roses sport tournament (see below), for athletes and the media alike.

Roses

The event which needs no introduction (but here we go anyway), Roses is the biggest inter-university sports tournament in Europe.

Freshers

This is the last event of the year for us before team elections, but it is also the one where we have to make a big impression with new students.